Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Poem by D.M. Aderibigbe

SOLITARINESS

I lay eggs of discontent on the roof of a solitary nest,
The sober walls, replay my resonating sound of anger.

My ears hear their voices of lamentation and remonstration.
My heart is a pool of its own undoing.

Tears! Tears! Tears, stream! Stream! Stream!
from my cheeks, Like a rain soaked ceiling.

For you. Yes! For you.
For the promises you never kept.
For the love you never showed.
For the heart you never had.

I was a foolish swain, who didn't know
The location of his two hands,
I was gullible as a village maiden,
I thought we'll reach the end of the road
Together.

I mosey on a solitary road of love.


D.M Aderibigbe is a 23-year old writer from Lagos, Nigeria, an
undergraduate student of History and Strategic Studies of the
University of Lagos. He writes poetry, fiction, non-fiction, plays and
lyrics. His work has been published or forthcoming in the UK, Canada,
Australia, Nepal, South Africa and the United States by, Vox Poetica, Pressboard
press, UP Literature, HUSMW Press, The New Black Magazine, Misfits'
Miscellany, Thickjam, Ditch Poetry, Bluepepper,The Applicant, Rusty
Nail, Jellyfish Whispers, Wordriot, Pyrokinection, Red River Review and Carcinogenic Poetry. His poems have
been included in the anthology ON THE WORDS OF LOVE by the Canadian
group, Poets with Voices Strong. His debut novel Sisyphean, will be
published in America, soon. He lives and schools in Lagos.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment